Friday, January 8, 2010

The End Is the Beginning

I have reached a point in my life where I have recognized that I do not truly know God's love. I once experienced the tremendous joy and excitement of "first love" with Christ when I first took His Name to be my own. I have wandered through the desolate and dry deserts of "wilderness love." And I have emerged thoroughly broken, beaten, and bruised. My attempts to seek instant happiness through false idols have proved to bring about destruction and harm. I have committed adultery against my Lord through my pursuit of worldly "delights." The very thing that I thought would quench the intense thirst of my heart to be cherished, loved, and adored have only diverted my heart from the true Lover. I then journeyed to a land of discontentment and bitterness towards God. I questioned Him relentlessly, asking why I was not being romanced by an earthly suitor? Why was I to be alone when all of those around me are blessed with earthly companionship? I then heard his answer, a gentle whisper saying, "Why won't you let me love you? Why do you resist my love? Why can't you see my intense pursuit to win your heart?" My heart became quiet. I have released my struggle to fight for what I think I need. I am on my knees.
I am committing to writing daily of Christ's pursuit to win my heart. I pray that I will have the eyes to see His romance and love in that which I usually overlook. And I understand that this seems extremely personal, but I have been created to be a very open and honest person and my desire is to journey with you in discovering the power of the Almighty''s love.
I am embarking on a timeless journey to discover invincible love. I have seen the shallowness of my love for Christ and I ache to change. My hearts desire is to pursue Him above all and to see with new eyes the true romance that He displays. I want a love that will never fade, or wither, or change, or weaken. I want to be romanced, sought after, cherished, known, and to be desired. I know in my head that my Jesus is the only one who can fulfill these longings, but I yearn to know it in my heart deeply. So I will wait, I will listen, I will see that overwhelming presence and reality of His invincible love.

Many Blessings!
Hannah Rose

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are ready to seek God with your whole heart. Type in "Paul Washers Testimony with Music" in youtube. About a minute or so into it, it gets good, and sounds like what you are looking for--for God to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a powerful testimony to God's unfailing power and love! Thank you so much for sharing this with me Leo!
    Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete